Who is in KAM?
KAM's membership consist of professionals from many different disciplines of mapping who share one common goal, the advancement of mapping and GIS within the State of Kansas. Currently, there are over 200 members representing the federal, state and local government agencies, the private sector and the academic institutions.Member Directory
Current members as of March 7, 2013
What KAM can do for you:
- Networking- The top reason people join KAM is for the networking. A professional network of peers is essential in today's GIS world, and KAM will help you discover that network.
- Education and Training- Our annual conference, held each fall, gives our members the opportunity to attend training sessions, listen to nationally recognized speakers and converse with their professional peers.
- Skill Recognition- KAM provides a Designation Program designed to raise the professional standards of mapping personnel and recognize those with superior skills.
- Keeping Informed- Our newsletter, Metes and Bounds, provides timely information about mapping issues and informative meetings at the state and regional levels.
- Convenience- The KAM website provides member-only benefits including full access to other member's contact information and an information exchange platform for sites, documents, and code that will make your life easier.
Annual Membership Fees
|Regular membership: anyone directly involved with mapping, map production or land information management.
|Subscribing membership: businesses and institutions interested in or directly involved with mapping or land information management. Each subscribing member is entitled to designate one representative to attend functions of the Association. Subscribing members may be entitled to additional benefits as prescribed my the Executive Board through bylaw.
|Student membership: any individual enrolled in a college or university and interested in mapping or land information management.
||$20 (Student ID must be provided)
An application for KAM membership may be made at any time of year. The right to accept or reject any application for membership is hereby reserved to the Executive Board provided that no person shall be discriminated against by reason of race, creed, sex, religion or national origin.