Job announcements will remain on the KAM website for 30 days unless otherwise indicated by the poster.
Design, develop and administer web mapping applications using Latitude Geocortex and/or ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise to meet customer specific requirements. Design and implement solutions using Esri’s ArcGIS suite: ArcGIS Server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online. Manage GIS server environments. Publish/Consume map services (REST, WMS, GeoRSS, KML/KMZ, etc). Develop, maintain, administer and monitor data pipelines to extract, transform and load data from UG systems of record using Python, SSIS, FME, FME Server. Creation and management of spatial data schemas and metadata catalogs within geodatabases including Esri's ArcSDE, Microsoft SQL Server. Create, configure and maintain ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS, maps, services and applications for enterprise use. Provide technical direction in developing and sustaining a GIS program in the Unified Government.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
This position is located in Topeka, at the Eisenhower State Office Building, and is within the Bureau of Transportation Planning.
This Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Research Analyst is instrumental in ensuring that KDOT is compliant with growing Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) requirements, particularly the Model Inventory of Roadway Elements (MIRE) Fundamental Data Elements (FDE) that relate to the modeling of roadway intersections. Supports the GIS unit in maintaining and validating the KDOT Transportation Planning Bureau’s Esri Roads and Highways linear referencing system, which constitutes the backbone of K-Hub. Assists with GIS data analysis, ad hoc and routine report and map development, process documentation, and system requirements and specifications.
Application Deadline - May 31, 2022
The City of Columbia, located in beautiful mid-Missouri, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of GIS Supervisor. This vital position within the Information Technology Department joins a 52-person IT team that manages a large Enterprise GIS and supervises GIS work throughout all City Departments.
The successful candidate will hold the following knowledge and skills:
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI’s entire ArcGIS platform including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise (SDE) / Server / Portal / Monitor, and ArcGIS Online.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-user, enterprise GeoDatabases. Thorough knowledge of GIS theory and practice including cartography, coordinate systems, spatial database design, and spatial analysis.
- Working knowledge of computer programming & scripting languages. Ability to perform accurate and detailed work. Ability to design and implement complex computer applications and integrate with existing systems.
- Ability to evaluate new software, hardware, and data needs, and to develop plans for the long-term success of GIS. Ability to work effectively with management of town and outside agencies in assessing problems and in establishing priorities.
- Must be skilled in preparing and implementing short and long-term plans; communicating effectively orally, in presentations, and in writing; supervising people and projects; and in developing and monitoring budgets.
- Must have the skill to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems independently, and have thorough knowledge of Scrum/Agile project workflows and development.
© 2022 Kansas Association of Mappers | firstname.lastname@example.org | PO Box 3788 | Lawrence, KS 66046-0788 | Site Disclaimer