Kansas Association of Mappers


  • 15 Aug 2023 4:51 PM
    Message # 13241316

    Does anyone have a layer for CAFOs?  If you do, how did you obtain it?  I can't find contact info or really a good place to start to find a data layer.


  • 16 Aug 2023 8:36 AM
    Reply # 13241531 on 13241316
    Amy Roust (Administrator)

    Hi Lisa, that data is tracked by KDHE, but it is not shared publicly due to security/privacy concerns. You are welcome to reach out to Nolita LaVoie (nolita.lavoie@ks.gov) for more information, but that layer is even restricted within KDHE.

  • 17 Aug 2023 7:39 AM
    Reply # 13242034 on 13241316

    We have a service for CAFOS (our Planning calls them Feedlots) that we use in several apps for Planning & Dev Dept.  They are symbolized by 1-999 animal units and 1000+ animal units with buffers of 1320' for the 1-999 animal units and 5280' for the 1000+.  Planning uses them for busting peoples dreams for development near CAFOS.  (see attached snippet from the app they are in)

    1 file
  • 17 Aug 2023 8:15 AM
    Reply # 13242055 on 13241316

    Thanks, I have the same with P&Z but the data is a little sketchy.  Also, thank you Amy as well.  I figured it might be restricted since I couldn't find it.  I will just use my nose and sniff them out, it will be more fun to map them that way.

    Last modified: 17 Aug 2023 8:17 AM | Lisa Olson

© 2023 Kansas Association of Mappers | kamappers@gmail.com | PO Box 3788 | Lawrence, KS 66046-0788 | Site DisclaimerJoin us on LinkedIn!

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software